2. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Meet people in such a manner that if you die they should weep for you and if you live they should long for you.
3. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: When you gain power over your adversary pardon him by way of thanks for being able to over-power him.
4. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: The most helpless of all men is he who cannot find a few brothers during his age, but still more helpless is he who finds such a brother but loses him.
5. Amirul Momineen, peace be upon him, said: O' son of Adam when you see that Allah is bestowing His favours on you while you are disobeying Him, you should fear Him.
6. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Keep walking in your sickness till you can.
7. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Fear! Fear! By Allah, He has hidden your sins so much so as He has forgiven.
8. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: The best riches is abandonment of desires.
9. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Super numerate prayers cannot bring about nearness to Allah if they hamper obligatory ones.
10. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: The tongue of the wise man is behind his heart and the heart of a fool is behind his tongue.
11. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said to a companion during his sickness: Allah may make your illness a means for writing off your sins, because there is no reward for sickness but it erases sins and makes them fall like (dried) leaves: Reward lies in saying by tongue and doing something with hands and feet. Certainly Allah, the Glorified admits into Paradise by virtue of truthfulness of intention and chastity of heart, whomever He wishes from among His people.
12. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Victory is by determination; determination is by revolving of thoughts and thoughts are formed by guarding secrets.
13. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: With riches a strange land is homeland, while with destitution even homeland is a strange land.
14. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Contentment is wealth that does not diminish.
15. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Wealth is the fountainhead of passions.
16. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Whoever warns you is like one who gives you good tidings.
17. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: The tongue is like beast; if it is let loose, it would devour.
18. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Woman is like a scorpion whose grip is sweet.
19. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: The people of the world are like travellers who are being carried while they are asleep.
20. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Do not feel ashamed for giving a little, because refusal is more little than that.
21. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: The breath of a man is a step towards death.
22. It is related that when Zerar bin Zamma Zubabi went to Muawiya and
23. Muawiya enquired from him about Amirul Momineen (A.S), he said, " I stand witness that I have seen him on several occasions that night had spread and he was standing in the niche (of the mosque) holding his beard, groaning like a man bitten by snake and weeping as a grieved man, saying: O' world, O' world. Get away from me. Why do you present yourself to me? Or are you eager for me? You may not get that opportunity to impress me. Deceive some other person. I have no concern with you. I have divorced you thrice whereafter there is no restitution. Your life is short, your importance is little and your liking is humble. Alas! The provision is little, the way is long, the journey is far, extending and the goal is hard to get to."
24. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: about a man who praised him much, although he did not admire him. I am below what you express and above what you feel in your heart.
25. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: The survivors of a battle are large in number and have large progeny.
26. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Whoever gives up saying "I do not know" meets destruction.
27. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: I love the opinion of an old man more than the determination of a young man; or according to another version, more than the martyrdom of a young man.
28. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: If a man behaves properly in matters between himself and Allah, then Allah keeps proper the maters between him and other people, and if a man keeps proper his affairs of the next life then Allah keeps proper for him the affairs of this world. Whoever is a preacher for himself is protected by Allah.
29. Amirul Momineen (A.S) heard about a Kharijite that he says mid-night prayer and recites Qu'ran, then he said: Sleeping in the state of firm belief is better than praying in the state of doubtfulness.
30. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: When you hear a tradition test it according to the criterion of intelligence not that of mere hearing, because relaters of knowledge are numerous but those who guard it are few.
31. Whoever loves us, members of the Prophet's family, should be prepared to face destitution.
32. It was said to Amirul Momineen (A.S) " How are you Amirul Momineen?" and he replied: " How can he be whom life is driving towards death, whose state of healthiness can change into sickness any moment and who is to be caught (by death) from his place of safety?"
33. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: There are many people who are given time (by Allah) through goo treatment towards them, and many get into deception because their sinful activities are veiled (by Allah) and many who get enamoured by good talk about themselves. And Allah does not try anyone as seriously as He tries him whom He allows time (to remain sinful).
34. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Two categories of persons will face ruin on account of me- he who loves me with exaggeration and he who hates me with intensely.
35. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: The example of the world is like a serpent. It is soft in touch but its inside is full of venom. An ignorant person who has fallen in deceit is attracted towards it but a wise and intelligent man keeps on guard from it.
36. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: What a difference there is between two kinds of actions- an act whose pleasure passes away but it (ill) consequence remains and the act whose hardship passes away but its reward stays.
37. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Blessed be he who humbles himself, whose livelihood is pure, whose habits are virtuous, who spends his savings (in the name of Allah), who prevents his tongue from speaking rot, who keeps people safe from his evil, who is pleased with the (Prophets) Sunnah and who is unconnected with innovation (in religion).
38. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Guard against cold in its beginning (of the season) and welcome it towards its end because it affects bodies in the same way as it affects the plants. In the beginning it destroys them but in the end it gives them fresh leaves.
39. When Amirul Momineen, (A.S) returned from Siffin and noticed the graves outside Kufa, he said: O' residents of houses, which give a sense of loneliness, of depopulated areas and gloomy graves? O' people of the dust, O' victims of strangeness, O' people of loneliness and O' people of desolateness! You have gone ahead and preceded us while we are following you and will meet you. The houses (you left) have been inhabited by others; the wives (you left) have been married by others; the properties have been distributed (among heirs). This is the news about those around us; what is the news about things around you?
40. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Loving one another is half wisdom.
41. Amirul Momineen (A.S) said: Grief is half old age.